A federal judge sentenced Aimee Bock to 500 months in prison on Thursday for orchestrating one of the largest pandemic-era fraud schemes in the country. That is just over 41 years behind bars.
Bock, the founder and executive director of the Minnesota nonprofit Feeding Our Future, was convicted earlier this year for her role in a $250 million fraud scheme that exploited a federally funded child nutrition program. She was also ordered to pay $243 million in restitution to the federal government.
The mechanics of this fraud were staggering in both scale and audacity. According to the Department of Justice, Bock and Salim Said were convicted by a federal jury for roles in a $250 million scheme that exploited the Federal Child Nutrition Program. Prosecutors stated the operation falsely claimed to have served 91 million meals and fraudulently received nearly $250 million in federal funds.
The DOJ records show Feeding Our Future moved from receiving and disbursing about $3.4 million in federal funds in 2019 to nearly $200 million in 2021. The organization opened more than 250 food-program sites across Minnesota, with government reports indicating the proceeds were used for luxury vehicles, real estate in Minnesota, Ohio, Kentucky, Kenya, and Turkey, as well as international travel.
The trial concluded with Bock convicted on wire fraud, conspiracy, bribery, and federal programs bribery counts. Said was convicted on wire fraud, bribery, money laundering, and related conspiracy charges.
This program, intended to feed needy children during the pandemic, became a vehicle for siphoning taxpayer dollars through fake meal claims and shell-company machinery.
The sentencing follows renewed federal scrutiny of Minnesota’s fraud investigations involving government-subsidized programs. The Bock sentence is being watched nationally as it sets a massive benchmark in a scandal that turned pandemic relief into a warning sign for state agencies that allowed emergency funds to move faster than basic oversight and taxpayer safeguards at the national level.
The ruling comes as President Trump’s administration continues its push for a wider crackdown on fraud in federal benefit programs, with Minnesota drawing intense federal attention.