Within a twelve-hour period this past week, the FBI under Director Kash Patel has arrested two foreign terrorists.
One of the terrorists arrested was Islamist Mohammed Al-Saadi, who is accused of plotting multiple attacks on Jewish synagogues in America as well as other terror attacks overseas. The second terrorist was Jose Enrique Martinez Flores, a top-ranking Tren de Aragua gang member. Both are being extradited to the U.S. to face justice.
Martinez arrived in the United States on Thursday evening. He is the very first Tren de Aragua gang member to be charged with terrorism. This marks the first time a Tren de Aragua member has been charged with terrorism-related crimes and extradited to America, following an executive order from President Trump issued last year that designated Tren de Aragua as a foreign terrorist organization.
Flores has been charged with providing material support to the group and international drug distribution conspiracy.
“This FTOC is a historic milestone representing the alleged highest-ranking official of Tren de Aragua ever brought to justice in the United States – and the first of its kind terrorism charge for a TdA member, after President Trump’s executive order last summer,” Patel said. “It sends a clear message: under President Trump’s leadership, foreign terrorist organizations like TdA will be hunted down and brought to justice.”
Mohammed Al-Saadi is also facing federal terrorism charges in New York. An Iraqi man accused of orchestrating nearly 20 terrorist attacks across Europe and plotting attacks on Jewish institutions in the United States has been brought to New York to face federal terrorism charges after what the FBI described as a major international operation.
Since early March, Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood al-Saadi and his associates allegedly planned and coordinated 18 attacks in the name of Ashab al-Yamin, a pro-Iranian Islamist group that has taken credit for attacks against Jewish schools, synagogues and charities in Europe as well as American, Israeli and Iranian opposition targets, according to the FBI.
“The FBI’s successful FTOC (foreign transfer of custody) of Mohammed Al-Saadi, another high-value target responsible for mass global terrorism, is just the latest success in this administration’s historic work to bring terrorists to justice,” FBI Director Kash Patel said in a statement. “This was a righteous mission executed brilliantly by our agents, investigators, CIRG tactical units, and interagency partners who delivered yet again.”
“We are greatly appreciative of the work of our allies around the world — especially Ambassador Tom Barrack, who led this joint sequenced operation and has been instrumental in bringing this successful mission home to the United States,” he added.